System fonts taking over lists

• Can something be done in VS to group these related fonts? I know this is not your fault @vectoradmin. I think these are all fonts that came pre-installed with the Mac OS. I never use most of these in my daily work but also feel I can't just remove them as they are part of the OS.
    Is there a way in VS we could select them and put them in a drown down folder or something? just to get them out of the way?

0_1642601834139_27cb2b08-53c4-4bd2-996d-0bcc31c7fc99-BLD 2022-01-19 at 09.17.04.png

• @Boldline Yep, STIX and the even longer Noto collection reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iABNDvZ8IA πŸ™‚

Not sure how the developer can "shorten" these and not other font families, but it would be an improvement if it's doable.

• @b77 LOL that video was crazy. thanks for sharing.
    Yes the Noto is also ridiculous. I know it's not the fault of the VS developer, just was hoping and wishing for a way to hide them...
    what about an option to hide from list view? That way VS could still control the way it looks and not mess with the actual fonts

• @Boldline said in System fonts taking over lists:

@b77 LOL that video was crazy. thanks for sharing.

It's Alva Noto… πŸ˜†

• @vectoradmin Maybe create a limit for any font with the same first word in the name β€” if it's more than 10(?), display it in a folder.

• @b77 that's also a good idea... even a max of 5 would work for me!

Going back to the "hide" idea, to clarify, anything that was hidden would only be hidden in the VS font manager and any font could be typed in and made visible again if activated. Maybe even an option to temporarily "show hidden fonts" I just know fonts like 'Noto" and "Stix and many others, I will NEVER use in my design work and if they were hidden from view by my choice in VS, it would not bother me one bit!

• administrators

@b77 said in System fonts taking over lists:

@vectoradmin Maybe create a limit for any font with the same first word in the name β€” if it's more than 10(?), display it in a folder.

I add this to the backlog.