psd File Can Not Be Expanded

• I have a psd file containing numerous layers. VectorStyler's manual describes a process that, if my understanding is correct, will get those individual layers into VectorStyler. First, either use Import or Link File with the psd file, which creates a single object containing a "flattened" version of the psd file. Next, using Expand Contents should result in each layer being an editable object. However, using Importing or File Link does result in a single object, however when selected, the Style Menu's Expand Content is grayed out. The Content Panel also offers an Expand Content command, but invoking it does not have any effect.

I would appreciate any advice.

Mac Pro (Late 2019)
    macOS 12.2
    VectorStyler 1.1.0.0.8

• @DMBrown Here after I import the PSD file I just select it and choose 'Ungroup All' from the Object menu, and each layer is ungrouped and ready to be selected individually.

• @b77 I hadn't thought of Ungrouping. However, after Importing the .psd file and selecting the object, the menu item Ungroup All is grayed out. I always find it interesting when two users do seemingly the same process with different results. I'll have another look through the Preferences; perhaps there is something I missed which needs enabling or disabling.

• @DMBrown I can't test with the same PSD file, maybe there's some important difference between them.

Is simple 'Ungroup' not available?

If possible, you can post the file somewhere on Dropbox or similar, or send it directly to the developer (csraba at this web domain).

• @b77 Yes, the Style Menu's Ungroup item is not available (it is grayed out.)

I will look into distributing the file. It is from Apple Developer; I would not be surprised if I am unable to do so.

• administrators

@DMBrown said in psd File Can Not Be Expanded:

@b77 Yes, the Style Menu's Ungroup item is not available (it is grayed out.)

I just tested this, and it seems to be working with a multilayered PSD file.
    But of course, there could always be some compatibility issue with specific version of PS.

It would be great if you could share a sample PSD file where the layers are not imported correctly, send it to csraba at vectorstyler.com Thanks!

BTW: ungroup is in the Object menu