Changing the default palette for new files

• I was reading through the documentation about palettes. If I understand correctly, there is a default palette VS opens with every new file and then I can also open other palettes to grab colors from and by adding them in the design or dragging them into the default palette, they are added the that file's default palette that would be exported along with the art if the file is sent as a native VS file or any other vector based export file type (eps, pdf, etc)

Is there an option to swap put the default palette with a custom palette where through the UI, a palette file could be loaded to be the new default?
    or is my best option to create a template where I've modified the default palette (removing colors I don't want in it and replacing them) and then opening that file each time I make a new document so my default is what I want each time?

Is there an option to go in to an existing file and swap the default palette? I know I can open other palettes... and I can create palettes from imported images, etc... what is the best way to make that new palette the "default" even just for that file itself?

if I make a new palette for example, based on the colors in an imported image, how do I guarantee that palette will travel with that VS file or other file export format?

• administrators

@Boldline Currently, only the document template would work for this purpose.

There is no feature to swap the palette, the problem with this would be matching and replacing Global/Spot colors.

It is possible to include other palettes as presets into the document. These will be stored inside the document, but will act like external palettes (spot colors are copied to main palette).

Maybe there is a need for additional palette management features, that would apply to the main palette?
    There is a possibility to remake the default palette (for the CMYK / RGB document color changes).
    With a similar step, there could be a feature to load / replace the main palette with something else.

There is also the possibility to create color styles. These will appear in the Styles panel (not the palette) and will work as Global colors (colors in objects are linked to the style).

• @vectoradmin I'm not a palette expert. I know most of what I do, I rely on a curated palette filled with spot colors (that match up to pantone colors) and I end up using them almost all the time for everything. Back when I used Illustrator all the time, I caused an issue with a shirt design film printout because I had mistakenly used a default palette color and not a spot color. After that mistake, I cleared a palette of all non-spot colors and either imported them from other palettes (pantone ones) or I made my own and set them as unique spot colors (like 0,0,0,100k) for a deep rich printing film opaque black to send to clients. If a job needed more than the basic spots I had in my new default palette, I could easily open another spot color palette and add on to my default for that particular job. Because all colors were spot colors only, I wasn't going to mistakenly miss something in printing film. I saved out that spot color customized palette and created a template file in Illustrator and made that my default palette whenever I opened that template. I assume I could just replace all the colors in the default palette and then save that file as a template correct? Each time I pull up that template, I'll get my own default palette each time?

I want to be able to do a similar thing in VS - I don't expect everyone to have the same needs from their palette as me -
    I can see myself wanting to also make an RGB palette I could easily pull in and use as well - especially when it comes to florescent colors which cannot be mimicked in cmyk obviously
    I might be rambling here but I fully admit not being a palette expert and just wanted to express what i was needing and hoping to replicate in VS