Eraser, Path Brush, etc. lack a true "rope" despite the feature being offered.

• I understand the brush tool option to use a rope for the stabilizer. I can set the "extent" amount to increase the "rope" resulting in broader curves.
    I understand this a little less when it is applied to the path brush or vector eraser because they also offer the "rope" option, but when I go to use them, there is no "rope" shown like with the brush tool, but the results of the lines/strokes with stylus are affected.

Are tools like path brush and eraser intended to not show the "lasso" visibly while working with the tool? In my humble opinion, I'd like to see the same treatment given to the rope option on path brush and eraser as is done with the brush tool.

Right now when I use the path brush and apply the rope and then increase the "extent" dramatically, the resulting line is immediately "corrected"to be more streamlined based on how much I've increased the level of "extent". It's worse with the erase tool; I find it almost unusable with the lasso tool on. It will delete some things and not others.

I had suggested the other day that the eraser and path brush and a few other tools all shared the same last settings and it would probably be better if they could be autonomous. I'm noticing this also applies to the brush tool and if I set the brush to use "rope", I don't necessarily want eraser or path brush to also do so, and vice versa.

The "extent" slider option is another one that we could probably adjust to favor the lower numbers. right now it's too easy to make it jump up to an abnormal amount.

• administrators

@Boldline I think this could be a bug in how these tools indicate the rope stabilizer.

• @vectoradmin I could be wrong, but rope currently seems to act more like what I'd expect and see from "curvature"
    It reminds me a little of what is used in raster design programs to help get nice curves and line work - usually referred to as "streamline" where the stroke is immediately altered upon completion to be more smooth, etc.

But yes, it would be awesome to use the actual rope in all the applicable tools, not just in the brush tool 🙂