Computer beeps at me when I use eyedropper tool to select color to apply to selection

• I'm trying to figure out what I am doing wrong if anything. My M1 Mac is giving me that little "error" pop sound each time I use the eyedropper and select a color to apply to my selection
    Here is an example where it happened. I was cutting pieces of green from one layer and pasting them into the white layer (because they are supposed to be white) and then changing the color of them to white
    The video has no sound - maybe I need to make one with sound included... as soon as i tap the "i" key, it beeps

It's almost like I'm not allowed to click "I" for eyedropper - each time it scolds me not to use it

The computer also beeps with the same warning noise if I try to pan too quickly. It seems like the space bar is not registering fast enough - so when I go to press and hold the spacebar and then drag the cursor on the screen, it does not pan as it should and I get a "beep" warning from the computer. i have to try again, holding space, clicking a little slower and then panning more carefully

Honestly, the more I work with this file, the more it beeps at odd moments - sometimes it waits to beep until I made a selection box, or not when I click the "i" but when I click down to confirm the eyedropper choice

• Maybe I'm doing something else wrong with the layers or a setting because it does not always happen - it's probably user error on my part