Lock angle (SHIFT plus drag) issue

• Steps to re-create:

• Click somewhere with pen tool active and hold SHIFT while moving pen (VS draws a straight line in steps of 45 degree angles)
    • Click again to draw the line

Expected: a straight line is drawn between two points

Observed:

• Single click: angle lock is unlocked
    • Double click: weird invisible object created even with massive stroke widths

• administrators

@Ingolf

I cannot replicate this issue.

The CONTROL key is used (on Mac) to draw straight line with the Pen tool:

• press and release mouse at the starting point.
    • hold CONTROL, press the mouse again and drag the mouse to draw a straight line.

• @Ingolf What happens if you disable 'Show Segment in Pen Tool' in Prefs > Changing Options?

• @vectoradmin said in Lock angle (SHIFT plus drag) issue:

@Ingolf

I cannot replicate this issue.

The CONTROL key is used (on Mac) to draw straight line with the Pen tool:

• press and release mouse at the starting point.
    • hold CONTROL, press the mouse again and drag the mouse to draw a straight line.

I am trying to draw a horisontal line (or vertical etc etc) using SHIFT to constrain the line to a perfect horisontal angle.

• administrators

@Ingolf Looks like the direction constraining (SHIFT) is not working for lines in the Pen tool.
    I added this to the backlog as a bug.

Meanwhile, the Line tool can be used to draw lines with mouse dragging, and there the SHIFT works.
    (lines can be connected, by clicking at the end of the previously drawn line to continue drawing).

• Good teamwork everyone! We keep sending in the bugs. It's always great to see these things get rooted out and dealt with. I was telling my wife the other day how we all seem to have our areas we cover based on how we use the program and that keeps the improvements well rounded. I told @vectoradmin today that it was a personal mission to keep his backlog filled at all times to help him avoid boredom 😛

• administrators

@Ingolf This problem should be fixed in build 1.1.024