Visible confirmation of clipping action between layers

• Throwing this idea out there as a possibility - would it help if there was visual confirmation that a clipping path was being created when dragging one layer into another? such as, if the blue highlight turned green or if both layers had an outline formed around them during the process?
    I'm actually on the fence with it all because part of me likes the way it is in Affinity for example, subtle, no indication at all that a clip is taking place
    But with VS, sometimes I feel like it would be helpful to know the clip is going to happen- maybe because at times, it does not clip properly and I wonder why and have to try again, or because i wonder how far over to the right I need to go in that host layer rectangle shape for it to know it's a clip I seek?

• administrators

@Boldline When dragging an object (or layer) in the layers panel: https://recordit.co/IDgEjcLLsz

• if the indicator fully covers the other object, then it will drop the object inside (so clipping will happen).
    • if the indicator is between two layers (objects) then it will move the object there.

If it is not like this, then it is a bug.
    Not sure if other indication is necessary.