Contextual Mouse/Key Tool Mod Help at the bottom of the screen

• I was inspired by the forum post Search in Application under "Questions and Support" to submit this feature request for the good of making the software easier to learn/use.

@vectoradmin said in Search in application:

@Jayanta-Das said in Search in application:

@vectoradmin In AI F1 key is use for seach where tool or other function can be search and display inside the popup itself. Then we can select from the popup.

This sounds like a new feature to be implemented 🙂

Consider adding Contextual Mouse/Key Tool Modifier Help at the bottom of the screen, like in Affinty Designer and other graphics software. I really miss this as a way to learn the subtle modifiers a tool has to offer in order to take your VectorStyler game to its next level.

Here is an example of the hints/help available for the Pen Tool:
    0_1647733275768_AffinityD Bottom screen key-mouse tool mods..png
    If that is a bit hard to read, it says:
    "Click or Drag to extend curve from end. Click+RightMouse or Drag+RightMouse to create a straight line. Drag+Shift to constrain node tangent. Alt to ignore snapping. Ctrl to use Node Tool."

Thanks for considering!

• @Victor-Vector I'm glad you're sharing ideas. This has been brought up in the past on the forum - I think @vectoradmin mentioned he is considering it. I can understand why some feel it is helpful. Personally, I don't think it's as helpful as others claim. It did not help me much in Affinity when it was on. If it helps others here and he wants to add it, I totally get it - I'd just prefer it has an option to be turned off.

• @Boldline Yes, an option to turn it on or off can make it a benefit for all the users.

• administrators

@Victor-Vector There is a related feature request for an "Info / Status" bar, I added this also.