Cloning issues ( mega-topic ) ( partially unfixed )

• administrators

@Nils said in Cloning issues ( mega-topic ) ( partially unfixed ):

Are you replicating on a dev build or on the actual release builds as they're downloaded from the website? I replicated on 1.1.026.

I tried on the actual 1.1.026 build (in release mode) as installed from the website.

• @vectoradmin

in release mode

This sounds like there could still be a very tiny difference from what's actually downloaded from the website. I say this, because sometimes bugs creep in in the most subtle ways imaginable.

Did you try to actually download the release, install it and then replicate? Maybe there's something wrong with the upload.

• @vectoradmin

Found the culprit. Something was wrong with my user data. I deleted it and the bug disappeared.

It could be the actual configuration of settings, though. I will now gradually restore ( by adjusting settings, not restoring files ) my original settings and see if the bug creeps back in at some point.

• administrators

@Nils said in Cloning issues ( mega-topic ) ( partially unfixed ):

@vectoradmin

Found the culprit. Something was wrong with my user data. I deleted it and the bug disappeared.

It could be the actual configuration of settings, though. I will now gradually restore ( by adjusting settings, not restoring files ) my original settings and see if the bug creeps back in at some point.

Actually it these cases it is worth backing up the settings.xml and workspace.xml files from the c:\Users<user name>\NumericPath\VectorStyler1.0\vector\data\resources\ folder.

• @vectoradmin

I see.

So I have been able to pin this down to the workspace.xml file. After deleting the NumericPath user data folder I tried restoring..

• both ( settings.xml, too )
    • only settings.xml
    • only workspace.xml

..from the bak.

Only in the case of workspace.xml did the bug reappear.

Any idea what causes this in the file? Might it be the file itself rather than the content? Some suspicion for a specific workspace setting?

I'll try to copy the contents of the file in a new file.

EDIT:

Just copying the contents didn't make any difference ( as expected.. ).

• administrators

@Nils Send me the settings.xml and workspace.xml files by email, and I can try to use those to replicate the issue. (these files contain no personal info, only what has been changed in preferences, and panel states, options, etc).

• @vectoradmin

Sent you both files as an archive.

Further observations:

I deleted the user data and then restored my workspace manually. The bug then reappeared. I'll see if I can pin this down to a specific aspect of it.

• @vectoradmin

Was able to definitively pin this down to the Shape Effects panel being open anywhere in the GUI while performing the actions.

The bug occurs when the Shape Effects panel is either..

• visible in its own modal view separately
    • in the modal view with the stack of open panels
      • visible ( active selection )
      • selectable via the hamburger menu

Let me know if you can replicate this.

Current workaround ( admittedly cumbersome ) : Close the Shape Effects panel after any interaction with it or before doing any cloning.

• administrators

@Nils replicated the crash of (1), only on Windows, using the settings and workspace files as they are.
    I will try to fix this for the next build.

• @vectoradmin

Hey, please check out my last comment on this mega-topic.
    It isn't the files. I've replicated this with the default files. It's the shape effects panel being active as I described above. This is 100% the cause.