Panels Opened on Startup

• I was hoping to find out if there is a way to keep the panels in my custom workspace, from being expanded/open/visible on startup.

Since we can't minify our panels into icons like in Illustrator, I make use of tabs and I like to have several panels for quick access in my workspace. However, every time I open the software, I have to click every panel to collapse it (make it into just a tab/hide) and then start working.

It gets very tedious when I just want to get to work; I checked through the search function in the forum with no luck... let me know what I can do.

If not, would love to see this implemented as an option. in preferences.

• i like to second this and and would also be happy
    if this could be change. I minimize panels as well, but when
    I start VS, the panels are open and i have to minimize them again.

• administrators

@Sullyman I think this is part a bug, part missing feature.
    The (minified) panel states should be restored at startup, if not this is a bug.

Having a toolbar-style arrangement of minified panels is not possible now, this is in the feature request list, has been requested before.

One thing that is possible now, and could be close to this, is to create a new custom toolbox (Customize Toolboxes) and add the panel opening actions to that. This will temporarily pop-up the panel, but it will also close when clicking away.