[Bolean operations] Divide, Trim and Merge expands stroke automatically.

• I'm not sure if it was requested or it is just a bug, but in these 3 operations VS automatically expands the stroke. I searched the preferences but could not find how to turn it off. Is there such a possibility? Personally, it is easier for me to remember about expanding strokes when I need it than to remember which ones do it for me and which ones do not. https://recordit.co/Jb8InTtbHb

• administrators

@encart yes, this is by design, and there is no (public) settings for this.

But the whole thing is configurable (it is just not available for the user), so I could easily add some options, accessed from the Path panel menu, that would stay persistent. Would that solve the issue?

• @encart To me, having the boolean operations expand any selected strokes is a feature and not an issue. I'm curious what you are wanting the stroke to do if it stays a stroke and does not expand? Can live strokes "cut" a fill shape with merge?
    In Illustrator, if I selected multiple shapes and live strokes and then tried to merge them, the strokes would disappear, which did not seem helpful!
    Are you wanting strokes to just remain there unaffected while the fills are altered?

If something needs to be done, I hope it what it is now can be a user custom option

• Well, I just discovered this behavior today and… I can say it's pretty non-standard to work like that for closed shapes with no fill.

I agree that when open paths are involved it should work like it currently does (expanding the strokes of the objects before the Divide operation), but with closed shapes… you should get closed shapes, as expected.

• administrators

@b77 I will add the configuration options.