Forcing translate transform shape effect?

• While trying to work my way around the various current cloning bugs, I found myself in need for forcing any translation of an object to be turned into a shape effect.

This way I could avoid cloning groups while keeping the member positions linked ( cloning the members, instead of the group ).

I know I can just add the effect manually, but I'd like to translate interactively, which doesn't seem to be possible for the transform shape effect ( greyed out in the shape effects panel ).

• administrators

@Nils said in Forcing translate transform shape effect?:

I know I can just add the effect manually, but I'd like to translate interactively, which doesn't seem to be possible for the transform shape effect ( greyed out in the shape effects panel ).

I add the interactive "transform" shape effect editing to the backlog.

But the cloning issues should (and hopefully will) be fixed before that 🙂

• @vectoradmin Nice to hear that. When's the next bugfix build to be expected? I think you said end of week or something right?

• @Nils He traditionally sends out new builds on Monday or Tuesday each week. Sometimes that changes based on what he's got going on or if there's an issue taking longer to fix than expected. While most builds come out weekly, there are times he takes two weeks or three at a time between build releases, based on what he's trying to improve, fix or add on. So I wouldn't expect anything until Monday at the earliest

• administrators

@Nils said in Forcing translate transform shape effect?:

@vectoradmin Nice to hear that. When's the next bugfix build to be expected? I think you said end of week or something right?

If all goes well the current batch of fixes should be in a build by Monday afternoon (Finland time).