Keyboard shortcut "K" for knife tool?

• Keyboard shortcuts are limited by the number of keys and modifiers (until we get multi-key shortcuts in the future)
    Does it make sense to make the knife tool "K"? I set mine that way but I didn't know if it was good to make that a default setting?

• @Boldline What is the shortcut for it in AI?

• @b77 Good question! I just checked my copy of CS6 - there's nothing assigned to it in Illustrator CS6. The k keyboard shortcut in Illustrator initiates the live paint function.
    I'm going to reiterate that I'm not saying we HAVE to make the K be the knife - it made sense with spelling, but it may not be a used frequently enough tool to be given a default and scarce keyboard shortcut. Honestly, it might be better to give it a multi-stroke shortcut later on since it's not as common a tool to use

• I think K begs to be used as a shortcut for the knife. I never understood why Adobe didn't associate it with the knife tool.

I was so relieved when I found out that it is the shortcut for the knife tool in my travel friend Gravit Designer.

• administrators

@Boldline Added this to the backlog.