Panel Sizing - The often overlooked customization

• @Victor-Vector Please update the reference guide accordingly. 🙂

• @b77 Updated! 🤓

• @Victor-Vector

... It would be super fast, and require a degree of mouse precision....

No precision degree of mouse is needed. Because it could also be sufficient
    if the mouse pointer hover only over here instead of the arrows.

0_1651474454535_Mauspos.png

• @Subpath yes, good point, it does provide way more real estate leeway.

• The use of the mouse wheel seems a little bit over the Top, even to me.
    But it offers a seamless way to scroll back and forth in a panel.

And the mouse pointer would be used anyway to click the arrows or move the Panel.

I only see one problem, trackpads on notebooks don't have a mouse wheel and
    graphics tablets might have problems too.

• @Subpath I understand what you mean by "over the top". It does seem like the user would be using a very primary control (scroll wheel) for such a small adjustment. But it sure would be the quickest way of sizing a Panel!
    I use the scroll wheel on the main window as my go-to zoom method as I have the muscle memory for it from using 3D software. My Panels are generally not overlapping the main window, only sometimes, but since the zoom is centered around the mouse cursor, there is little danger of accidents if the user is paying attention. It seems like the scroll wheel could be used for more things.

Re: trackpads in notebooks: Don't they have a double-finger scroll function, or a scroll area? I don't use one, but they may be able to scroll.

It is fun to collaborate thoughts on various ways to make the software more accessible or easy to use. Innovations can happen in such an environment. I really enjoy hearing the different perspectives as it opens my mind to many possibilities. Thank you for unabashedly sharing your thoughts!

• @Victor-Vector

I don't know what trackpads have to offer as a mouse wheel, and purely personally,
    i really don't like Trackpads.

Find it equally enlightening to share thoughts and ideas. Using the scroll wheel
    for zooming is also my preferred method since i start using CorelDraw, because
    it feels so naturally when you have to move forward and backward.

• administrators

@Victor-Vector The problem with using the mouse wheel is that besides trackpads, on Mac the mouse scrolling is much smother that the regular mouse wheel.

I think Click and Shift+Click with a tooltip, would be a simple solution.

• @vectoradmin

...on Mac the mouse scrolling is much smother that the regular mouse wheel...
    interesting to know

...I think Click and Shift+Click with a tooltip, would be a simple solution....
    No Problem for me with that way.

• @vectoradmin said in Panel Sizing - The often overlooked customization:

@Victor-Vector The problem with using the mouse wheel is that besides trackpads, on Mac the mouse scrolling is much smother that the regular mouse wheel.

I think Click and Shift+Click with a tooltip, would be a simple solution.

I appreciate learning about what needs to be considered for all the systems using VS. You have the best solution!