Option to select which recovery files to open

• I love the file recovery system within VS and the many improvements over the last year.

I would love to see the option added to choose which files get recovered instead of VS assuming every open unsaved tab at crash needs to be recalled.

Yesterday I opened an Illustrator file that I did not realize would be processor intensive. I could barely get it to do anything I needed as it slowed down VS and eventually I needed to force quit VS.
    I had a file or two open that I wanted to recover but did not want to have to open that behemoth file again in the process.

After reopening VS after a crash or force-quit, It would be great to have VS do a quick background scan the recovery file first and offer the option to uncheck files we do not need to be recovered.
    All recovery files would be check-marked "Yes" for recovery by default with the user option to uncheck any they do not want... this way it's still super easy to press the overall "yes" to open recovery files if you typically need them all

• administrators

@Boldline Added this to the feature backlog.
    BTW: if there are problematic AI files, and possible to send by email, it would help improving the AI file format compatibility.

• @VectorStyler said in Option to select which recovery files to open:

if there are problematic AI files, and possible to send by email,

I will send that file over to you today. thanks for continuously improving the AI file format compatibility