All Picker Tools with temporally usable Transform Tool

• I mean all of these here
    0_1653551225954_Bildschirminhalt erfassen-2.png

Transform Tool
    0_1653551494853_Transform Tool.png

I'm a little uncomfortable with this request though, since the Picker tools
    already have some alternate mode.

But i would still find it useful and a great boost to the use of these tools.

I imagined that when I used one of these tools, I could press the Control-Key,
    which would bring up the Transform Tool, which I could use to select another object.

Then I release the Control-Key again and continue with the picker tool I was using before.

As an Example, the Stroke Tools (Pencil e.g.) has already something like this so here a showing with these:

Video see here:

0_1653551819740_Example.png

• administrators

@Subpath The problem here is that all modifier keys (control, alt, shift) are reserved in these editors.
    Otherwise it would be an easy thing to add (one line of resource).

I will try to figure out a way tor reorganize the modifier keys of these editors, or to make them configurable.

• @VectorStyler

Thank you for considering this.

For a better understanding, what do you mean when you say "editors" its a bit unclear to me.

When I use one of these picking tools, the Control+key does nothing as far as I could see.
    Neither does the shift or alt key. That's the reason I came up with this idea.
    ...I will try to find a way to reorganize the modifier keys of these editors, or make them configurable....

If I could set the modifier keys myself would be cool.
    I had been looking for such an option at first.

• administrators

@Subpath said in All Picker Tools with temporally usable Transform Tool:

what do you mean when you say "editors" its a bit unclear to me.

Sorry, internal terminology. All of these tools that can be used to interactively work on the canvas is an "editor".

Meanwhile I found a way to rearrange the modifier keys, and it seems to be working now, will be in the next build.

• @VectorStyler

...Sorry, internal terminology. All of these tools that can be used to interactively work on the canvas is an "editor"....

No Problem, i could always ask 🙂

...Meanwhile I found a way to rearrange the modifier keys, and it seems to be working now, will be in the next build....

Wow, that's some news. Thanks as always for that.