Is the option to expand clipped groups different from the expand option within the blend panel?

• I had a live blend of triangle shapes clipped within the letter shapes in my design. I had not gone in and expanded them inside the blend panel in case I wanted to further edit them. I selected the entire grouping that included the live blend clipped within and used the "expand clipped groups" from the objects menu. This did not actually expand the live blend clipped inside and created wonky results instead.

I had to go dig in and get the blend itself selected again and expand from the blend panel before I could merge them and be done.
    0_1657555881010_0f3f55c2-fbf8-4c83-81d3-81d3d838b299-BLD 2022-07-11 at 11.59.32.png

Here is the file with the original one one layer, the messed up result on another, and the final fixed version on the last layer. I was thinking the option inside the object menu would handle all of that in one fell swoop.

@VectorStyler When I go to expand this final result with "convert to curves" it enlarges for some reason - I think you are aware of this issue overall and are fixing it (soon? :)) Once it expands and increases in size, it's not possible to undo it in the history or with the command-z.
    At the very least you have another sample to use to test a future fix with.
    0_1657556151749_live blend expand issue.vstyler

• administrators

@Boldline The expand clipped groups will not expand blend (or contour) objects. An "Expand Appearance" is needed first.
    I will add this and the convert to curves issue to the backlog of bugs.

• @VectorStyler Thanks! You're doing great - love using VS and appreciate your unrelenting dedication to making it awesome.