Option to auto link live text to its path

• When creating text on a path, for example adding text to an oval shape, is there already/could there be an option to link the text and the push together? It's interesting that currently, one could add text to a path and then use the selection tool to pull it off of the path.
    Is there a benefit to this? I'm guessing if I wanted to take the text and apply it to a new path, that's how that might work?
    It can be a little challenging to move the text on a path because you also have to direct the path, not just the text.
    If they could be linked, you could then grab either the text or the path to adjust its location.
    I'm no developer at all, but I was also wondering if by linking them, could that replace grouping them in order to scale without the words rising around the circle?
    I understand that currently, if I group the text and path, I'm getting the same result I'm asking for in this post. I'm not sure why I would want them to not be grouped by default... Though I'm open to new ideas and options.