The best way to record shapes/objects as assets in VS

• I'm not good at learning an app with documentation at all. With ADesigner, saving objects/shapes is just easy: click-drop-save as assets. These assets can be saved-shared between different documents, and I can easily see the assets in the ad hoc panel while working on a scheme.

What would be the best way with VS? It seems to me that there are so many possibilities that I would like to set this action so that I don't have to ask myself how to do it every time.
    Thanks for your advice ☺

• administrators

@PatrickM Use the Presets panel (Panels->Presets->Presets) to create presets (assets) from objects / shapes / styles / etc.

The Styles -> Preset Manager can be used to organize the already created presets.

Also: when creating presets, it is possible to store them into a user selected folder so that they are not removed if the VS user data is removed.
    For this you need a new "preset group":

• select Styles->Preset Manager
    • click "Create Group"
    • select a folder and set a name for this preset group.
    • confirm the selection.

Now when creating presets, you can select the group defined here in the Group field.

• @VectorStyler A big thank you. I'll work on this asap. It reminds me (I think, not too sure, too long ago) AI and the possibility to create a shortcut of an external folder within the assets' native Illustrator folder.
    Thanks,
    Patrick