Speeding up the workflow in VS

• Is there a way to speed up the tasks in VS? Each action whether selecting nodes or moving them or making selections, they all literally take a second or two before they register. It's difficult to get things done when I'm waiting for VS to catch up on each step of the process.
    This is not a specific build issue, it's been this way over several builds. I have an M1 mac mini with 16GB of ram . VS is consistently using between 1.7GB and 2 GB or RAM at any given time. I've tried shutting down other apps that might be draining ram from VS...

Edit: Clearing the history panel helps a lot - speed has improved considerably since I cleared the hisotry so maybe that is my main issue?

I started closing out several open VS file tabs and then VS force quitted on me before I could close the rest. Since reopening, VS has been faster - I just wonder hy it force-quit. I did not get the VS crash log dialoge box, but I got the apple one

• administrators

@Boldline said in Speeding up the workflow in VS:

they all literally take a second or two before they register

I think this could be a bug. And the force quit too.
    The 1.7 - 2 GB RAM usage seems normal on M1. Should start out around 800MB and then gradually accumulates some caches.
    But this does not affect the performance (caching actually improves it).

Some other thing might cause this. I add this to the backlog.