Collider Tool Constraint ?

• Is there a way to constrain an object's position using the shift key while using the collider tool ?
    For instance, say a small rectangle within a larger rectangle, the collider tool will allow you to collide with one of the edges - let's say the RHS, but when attempting to move the small rectangle up to collide with top of the large rectangle, you can't constrain the small rectangle to hold it's horizontal position that you just created.
    TIA
    Neil

• administrators

@Igull No such constraint.

But if you want to collide a shape with two other shapes / directions then use collision snapping and the regular move tool.

Collide tool will also rotate the shape to match the normal, so in this case it might not be suitable.

Collision snapping mode will align the shape to two touching shapes.

• @VectorStyler said in Collider Tool Constraint ?:

then use collision snapping and the regular move tool.

I've just created a fresh file - two rectangles, one within the other - using the move tool and with collision snapping , allow snapping and snap to objects enabled, I can snap the smaller rectangle in say the Y direction, but when attempting to snap to a vertex in the X direction, it won't snap to the vertex of the larger rectangle, it seems to want to track the X axis along the original snapped position (you can see the red indicator line) without taking into account the direction it's moving to pick up the next snap.

I know I could easily just use snap to points, but that wasn't the usage here 🙂

Attached a vid for clarity ...

Collider constraint issue

TIA

Neil

• administrators

@Igull There is a bug here, will be fixed ASAP.

• @VectorStyler said in Collider Tool Constraint ?:

@Igull There is a bug here, will be fixed ASAP.

👍

Thanks

Neil