Increasing the range of keyboard shortcuts by adding more keys

• @VectorStyler - Not that you don't have enough stuff that you are currently working on, but i wanted to ask about the level of priority and the difficulty involved in expanding the keyboard shortcuts by adding more keys to the combinations.
    I know that had been discussed a while back and that it's somewhere in the queue of upgrades. I'm using a egato streamdeck that lets you program in keyboard shortcuts for tasks. Even complex keyboard combinations would work for me in that scenario because they would be added in and then all I do is press a key and the shortcut is enacted. Right now it's hard to add shortcuts to the streamdeck because so many of the existing shortcuts are used - i know the list of things to add is long and I'm not the only person wanting things added. - just being a squeaky wheel 🙂

• administrators

@Boldline Technically, this would not be difficult. But what are the actual keys to add?

EDIT: there is a plan for multi-key shortcuts.

• @VectorStyler said in Increasing the range of keyboard shortcuts by adding more keys:

Technically, this would not be difficult. But what are the actual keys to add?
    EDIT: there is a plan for multi-key shortcuts.

Ideally, at first just having the ability to create multi-key shortcuts that use 3-4 keys as it would give me options to assign to lesser priority tasks and add them to to streamdeck. Every shortcut on the streamdeck requires a specific keyboard shortcut be assigned to it

• Global Moderator

Suggest looking to WordStar for inspiration.