How to open multi page PDF on one canvas?

• Hello Everyone!

This is my first post. I've found VectorStyler on Affinity forum and I'm testing trial version hard.

I use Affinity Designer and Inkscape for vectors and I'm amazed how feature packed VectorStyler is. Will buy VS for sure.

I'm working on two-page spreads for children's books. I've made some test and VS performed best for creating it and exporting to PDF. This is VS file:

0_1669287600244_59bb9672-9362-4f5a-8a25-cc13d6b92a1e-image.png

But after exporting it to PDF, VS opens it on 4 separate canvases:

0_1669286431306_c416835b-a7ab-4eb5-9b68-5d45b120e66b-image.png

And yes - VS Manual has 1339 separate canvases 🙂

My question is: how to open multi page PDF in VS on one canvas like on Affinity Designer:

0_1669287249865_51a999b6-69d5-4c80-9f38-1d54cec1d074-image.png

P.S. Drag and drop Artboards (like in Affinity Designer) would be a life saver!

• administrators

@Blunieb Curently, multipage PDFs are opened on different canvases (not artboards).
    A VS document can have multiple canvases, that are accessed from the Canvas&Artboard panels.
    Only one canvas is visible at a time, containing (possibly) multiple artboard.

In case of PDF opening, you can find the other pages, on subsequent canvases (pagedown should also get there).

Opening multipage PDFs on a single canvas with multiple artboards is planned for version 1.2

• administrators

@Blunieb Added the artboard drag&drop to the backlog!

• @VectorStyler said in How to open multi page PDF on one canvas?:

Opening multipage PDFs on a single canvas with multiple artboards is planned for version 1.2

@VectorStyler said in How to open multi page PDF on one canvas?:

@Blunieb Added the artboard drag&drop to the backlog!

I'm really happy to hear that! As a Affinity Designer user I could only dream about such a support!

• Thank you for adding opening PDFs on one canvas in release 1.1.067 !

But after opening my test pages, I got artboards overlapping:

0_1669655636468_f3861c57-31f6-4d03-a394-7e3bb5e778e2-image.png

Also - after trying to open VS Manual (1339 PDF pages) - VS crashes. Build 066 was faster than Affinity Designer and didn't crash.

• administrators

@Blunieb For that many pages, placing on one canvas might not be a good idea, there is the Preferences -> Document Files -> Open PDF on Canvases option to enable to return to the previous mode.
    When on separate canvases, only one page content is "resolved" at a time, so it is fast.
    When on one canvas, all pages will be "resolved". I will try to improve the speed of this one.

As for the page overlaps, this could be a bug in the new part, and it might be that the page sizes are not fetched correctly from the PDF.

I would need an example PDF to replicate this issue (send it to support at vectorstyler.com).

• PDF sent

• administrators

@Harry Yes, pages are overlapped in this one.
    I will try to fix this as soon as possible.