Shape tool properties should not be affected by "transform strokes"

• I had shared some of this in an email a while back to @VectorStyler but was giving it some more thought now

When I am using a shape tool, in this case a rectangle shape and actively adjusting the height/width, I'm getting a shift in the width of the line at the end I adjust. In the case of the image below, the pink line rectangle was pulled up vertically making that section of the line thicker than the sides.

@VectorStyler replied that it was tied to the use of the "transform strokes" setting being active.

It puts me in a dilemma because i want strokes to be transformed and to thereby scale in relation to the other shapes selected by default, but I don't want to get this result when I use a shape tool. It's also odd to me that it's only adjusting one side of the shape.

As I was thinking of it now, the shape tool is not technically a stroke yet - just a shape that can be adjusted in certain unique ways before we convert to curves and access the stroke properties. To me it would make more sense if this part was immune to anything related to strokes. This is a building stage and not a time when we could even adjust anything about the potential strokes until after we use "convert to curves"

0_1670009169916_c3f3e670-2629-4268-9def-92dc6d63d1da-BLD 2022-12-02 at 14.25.51.png

• administrators

@Boldline Do you have a recording of this, it might help identifying the issue.