Path Brush Tool Preview

• Re: Path Brush Tool preview

I found this older post and your explanation, but at the same time this tool is being described as comparable to AI's blob brush tool. It is not. This grey 'your path goes here but final result will differ' preview is making this tool nearly unusable.

I hope this functionality is reconsidered in a future implementation.

https://recordit.co/EoTvPvMsyR

• @syllie did you turn off the pressure setting in the contextual menu? That will make a huge difference

• @Boldline But I want pressure, and dynamic shapes with different widths. The blob brush in AI does this and the Path Brush tool in itself works, it is just impossible to have accuracy as this preview covers what I'm doing.

A combination of doing a nice line with the Path Brush and then keeping it selected and switching over to Path Sketch helps but the total experience is underwhelming.

• administrators

@syllie said in Path Brush Tool Preview:

This grey 'your path goes here but final result will differ' preview is making this tool nearly unusable.

I will try to improve this. The problem is that the actual path is determined only after the user releases the mouse, since the "points" of the mouse are just approximated by a smooth curve.

• @VectorStyler Thank you - I fully understand this. I am thinking that just the path 'line' (like what happens with the Brush Tool, Path Sketch or basically any other tool like Pen, Pencil) would be better (the center of the line drawn) than something that obfuscates what you are doing (especially for the larger brush sizes).

Whilst I do not want to compare tools too much with other programs (I do not even have access to AI, but it is used exclusively in the course that I replicate with VS) I can see how some tools work and then find similar features 'almost working' in VS which brings up these points. I truly appreciate your feedback and that you are considering looking into this. Thank you.