making switching between default and custom preferences even easier

• I can tell there have been a number of improvements to the Preferences section recently. I no longer have to restart VS when swapping between default and custom preference files, for example.

There are occasional times we will need to switch between the default preferences and a custom preference file and then switch back. I was thinking of this today when i was testing updates in VS and needed to swap back to the default settings temporarily.

Speaking for myself, settings are always being tweaked and adjusted over time and I'm not always good about updating my custom preferences file to reflect those updates. All this to suggest allowing VS to retain a couple custom preferences files in the pull down menu to easily click and switch to or revert to without having to go find the file each time. Perhaps having it run a check of the currently used settings compared to what is set in the saved original customized file and remind the user to save or allow the differences to be lost.

My main goal is to make switching between customized preferences and default super easy so things can be tested perhaps the same with he workspace as well?

• administrators

@Boldline Added to the backlog.