Unlock icon symbol idea for the layers panel

• I like the ability to see what is locked or unlocked easily in the layers panel. The icon is good - I like the outline mode for unlock. Making the lock itself swing out takes up more space and shrinks the size of the icon.
    What about making the lock opening more subtle?
    0_1684954661507_e6a3be6e-ed37-440d-96be-edb3765e46db-BLD 2023-05-24 at 14.53.03.png

• @Boldline

Well, it's maybe not so obvious if it's open or not, especially with small icon/high resolution.
    But I have no problem with your version.

• @Subpath True, it's not quite as obvious as the current overhang hook. Two reasons I felt this was a better option;

It keeps the unlock icon the same size as the Lock icon
    It also is still easy to read if you remember that filled lock is "locked" and outline lock is unlock

Just makes the layer panel look more sleek and compact in my opinion. Whatever @VectorStyler decides....

• @Subpath All icons, big or small, look better and clearer on a high res monitor.
    You need a high resolution monitor in your life. 🙂

• @Boldline

as i wrote no Problem with yor Version, just my thoughs
    I know someone could remember the different states

• @b77

... You need a high resolution monitor in your life ...

been looking allready around already the last few weeks 🙂
    thinking about a 32" 4K Monitor but choosing the one i like
    will yet take time

• @Subpath
    https://www.amazon.de/-/en/PD2705U-Designer-Monitor-Technology-Compatible/dp/B096B3PBFZ/

32" would be nice for sure! If you are looking for something that might be a bit less expensive, the above may be a good choice. I have a 27" monitor about 30" (76 cm) away from my eyes, and I still have to turn my head slightly to see to the edges without shifting my eyes left or right uncomfortably. So a 27" can definitely fill your periphery!

My apologies for going off-topic. I couldn't resist as new hardware is always exciting! 😂 😀

• @Victor-Vector

I am currently using a 40-inch monitor and thought a 32-inch monitor
    might be okay too. Where a 32-inch monitor is my minimum. I had
    a 27-inch monitor before, but it find it too small for my needs.

I prefer to edit vector graphics on a large monitor and a lower resolution (actually 1440x900).
    I find that more comfortable to work with the thin vector curves.

• @Subpath I have a better understanding of your set up now, thank you. Seems like a good approach. Nice to have a big monitor!

• @Subpath said in Unlock icon symbol idea for the layers panel:

@Victor-Vector

I am currently using a 40-inch monitor and thought a 32-inch monitor
    might be okay too. Where a 32-inch monitor is my minimum. I had
    a 27-inch monitor before, but it find it too small for my needs.

I prefer to edit vector graphics on a large monitor and a lower resolution (actually 1440x900).
    I find that more comfortable to work with the thin vector curves.

LOL, I can still remember MacDraw on my wee MacPlus and thought that was huge ☺

I like the large monitor/smaller resolution concept idea, a 27" retina display is nice, but can sometimes be a little over-crisp for general line drawing - I might borrow the house TV and see how that goes 🙂

Neil

• @Igull said in Unlock icon symbol idea for the layers panel:

I might borrow the house TV and see how that goes

... I might borrow the house TV and see how that goes ...
    would say it works well 🙂
    i use actually a 40-inch Samsung TV Monitor

... but can sometimes be a little over-crisp for general line drawing ...
    That is the reason why I came up with this idea.
    While my eyesight is ok, I found this combination a little more relaxing
    to work with vector curves and nodes.