Stroke panel - Dash / Stripe / Profile dialog a bit underwhelming

• I do not feel helped by this selection panel for 'dashes' in the stroke panel. Same for the stripe and profile panel. When I first opened this panel I thought something was amiss as the white bar does not feel like a line at all.
    Dash Panel

• administrators

@syllie That is a list of default dash (same for stripe and profile) styles. To edit the dash pattern, click on the button next to the drop down (icon with 3 lines). New dash (or stripe and profile) presets and styles can be defined.
    Suggestions are welcome, if more of these styles should be in the default list.

• I see - I should explored that a bit better. That is actually quite a neat function. I was put off by the 'big bar' representing my thin line but having control over the patterns to that detail requires something to work with and I understand why this dialog looks like this now.

• How dash patterns are visualized in this list is bothering me a little too. It looks more like redacted top secret document rather than previews of patterns. IMHO making lines thinner (1-3 pixels wide) and shorter (most dash patterns do not require full width of the panel to be recognizable) would make this much more usable.

• How about leaving them the same thickness (for visual consistency with the stripes and profiles) but repeating each Dash + Gap pair three, four or maybe five times? Visually I think this is what would give a better idea of what the dash will look like.

• administrators

@b77 I would only show a single phase of the dash in the list (and widget). This would indicate the actual dash settings. I will try a bit thinner (but not much) preview in the list and widget, lets see how it works.

• @vectoradmin I like how this one has been changed in build 1.0.018 RC1 - much clearer! Thank you.