Weird preview line after editing a node with the pen tool

• I'm not sure if this is a bug but you get a weird line at the end of a line segment when you draw with the pen tool and you go back editing a node (with the pen tool).

1. Switch to the pen tool and start clicking a few times to draw straight line segments. Make sure in the Context panel the "Adjustments" checkbox is checked.
    2. One you have a few segments drawn, while still using the pen tool, go back a couple of node and edit one of them by pulling on it, thereby creating a curved segment.
    3. Now as you move the pen tool, the end of the line segment (the preview) is kinda curled up as opposed to being straight, since the last segment you drew was straight.

I dunno, it seems like a glitch but you be the judge.

Video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndRDH8tQsBI

VS 1.1.096

• @pentool 'Preview New Segment in Pen Tool' (in Preferences/Settings > Changing) seems to be
    enabled by default now, so what you see is a preview of the next segment.

• Yes, I understand. But that's not the case here. When you draw STRAIGHT segments with the pen tool, the preview is going to be STRAIGHT.

Once you adjust/edit a node with the pen tool and then want to continue drawing the line, the preview segment will be heavily curved. It should be straight because the last point is a cusp node.

• @pentool My mistake, you're right — I agree, the preview should be straight. 👍

• administrators

@pentool said in Weird preview line after editing a node with the pen tool:

Once you adjust/edit a node with the pen tool and then want to continue drawing the line, the preview segment will be heavily curved. It should be straight because the last point is a cusp node.

Added this to the backlog.