VS Performance Issues

• Thank you for the VectorStyler trial. The feature set is very impressive.

Within a couple of days, unfortunately, I experienced a number of issues that prevented me from adopting VectorStyler. The most important problem I encountered with working on a slightly complex composition was performance. Using Apple Silicon M2 Max processor and having enabled Metal and the M2 Max processor option, it was at best difficult and sometimes impossible to edit items due to significant lag. Affinity Designer, Inkscape and CorelDRAW had no problems with the same compositions.

Another problem was that the layout object list would not update, and was frequently out of sync with new objects created. It sometimes required collapsing and re-expanding the layout to refresh the list.

The eye icon would occasionally be out of sync with the visibility of objects.

Slices exported resulted in invalid SVG files. The slices contained individual objects, and the slice boundaries did not cross any objects.

Thank you again.

• administrators

@_NM_ On that machine there should be no performance problems, but if course there might be a bug or some other issue.

If you could send an example file to csraba at vectorstyler.com I can test it to find out more what could cause this.

Are these CMYK documents or RGB?

• Thank you. I emailed you a file. This was an RGB document.

• administrators

@_NM_ Got the file, everything seems fine, except the view is rotated a bit (bottom left corner of the view, second number field has 0.58 degree rotation).

It seems that the blur effect does not like view rotation (could be a bug), I will open a bug on this one.

I replicated the SVG export problems, I will try to fix this as soon as possible.

• administrators

@_NM_ One thing to improve performance is to disable on screen image effect preview in the Display Images -> Image tab (Allow Effects checkbox).

• Thank you very much.

Unfortunately, setting the rotation to 0 degrees made no difference in performance at my end. I also could not find the setting you recommended I should change. Is that in settings, a tab, ...? I already had "Preview Image Effects" disabled in "Panel Options."

Since the rotation is a problem, should there not be a way to avoid the view rotation that invariably occurs whenever the user uses the trackpad to zoom in and pan in and out of different areas in the document? Pardon me if there is already such a setting that I missed.

• administrators

@_NM_ The view rotation with trackpad can be disabled in Preferences -> Document Editor -> Rotate View with Trackpad.

For the effect performance, I made further tests on an M1, and I will try to improve this if possible.

The View -> Display-> Display Options contains the settings for how the drawing is shown on the screen. This has the Image tab, where image effects can be disabled.

• @VectorStyler Thank you again. I changed the settings as you instructed. Hopefully, the problems can be resolved. Despite the settings changes, I am unable to effectively use the application due to significant lag when the file is loaded.

• administrators

@_NM_ I managed to replicate some refresh performance issues occurring after changes.
    I will try to improve this.