Update installer problems ... Invalid resource content!

• Thank you for the VS 1.1.101 update. Having previously updated from 1.1.98 to 1.1.100, something was corrupted, so some of my menu entries were missing, and those remaining were pointing to something else. So I removed all user data, uninstalled VS, and reinstalled.

Now, having updated VS 1.1.100 following a fresh installation, I got the error below. I don't believe that the average user should have to scour thorough the library to remove NumericPath and VS folders every time. Is this just me, or is anyone else having this problem?

Invalid resource content!
    The installed version of VectorStyler contains invalid resource data. Remove all user data and reinstall VectorStyler or contact support.

• I don't know what caused that but you can reset VS to default
    by holding down Command-Shift-Option when starting the app.

• I had that issue but it's an easy fix (for me).
    https://www.vectorstyler.com/forum/topic/3483/update-1-1-101/4

I do agree that the average user should not constantly rely on removing user folders and such when something goes wrong.

I have my preferences and kbd settings saved out to a file so I can reload them each time since deleting the user folder will wipe all those out. I can see how this can be (and will be!) a chore to new users. There are a lot of settings and remembering where a specific setting was and which does what can be daunting and new users don't usually start out by saving all their preferences to an external file.

Maybe a new release should trash the user folder automatically, but first saving the preferences, kbd shortcuts (and whatever other user-saved files) and restore them after update.

• I didn’t have any issues updating to the new build today. I agree that the program should handle the trashing of the applicable files and also offer the user the opportunity to save their preferences file if they differ from the default it from their previously saved version.

• @b77 Thank you all - cmd-option-shift reset everything (and of course wiped my settings that I could not save after the update).

• administrators

@_NM_ Yes, this is a new diagnostic message to check for the error that happened in an earlier install.
    It seems that in some machines the old resource files are kept in the user folder.

I will try to find an automatic fix for this in the near future.

The settings and workspace can be exported to a file.