Context Panel Position

• I have my context panel along the bottom of the screen (on Mac) - I'm setting up a PC laptop here for a friend and do you think I can find a way to move the context panel from the top to the bottom ???

I have raked through the whole of the forum, but just can't find the answer - I must have found it originally, as my Mac has the panel along the bottom. I know someone here has the special code to invoke this spelle 🙂

TIA

Neil

• @Igull You should be able to grab and drag the context panel
    by this area in front of the Undo icon:

0_1694124074656_grab_cpanel.png

@VectorStyler It would be nice to change the normal cursor
    to a four-direction arrow when it hovers this area.

• @b77 @Igull @VectorStyler Could we also add the ability to dock the contextual menu bar at the bottom of the screen instead of it just having the option to hover? (If I missed how to do this I apologize) I did try to make it dock but did not see a way.
    It could have a similar highlight like it does at the top when you re-dock it there

0_1694126548182_90fed5d3-90ed-4fc0-b22c-4267a3555652-BLD 2023-09-07 at 18.42.00.png
    I could see myself occasionally using the context bar at the bottom of the screen based on what I am working on.

• @Boldline I can dock it — just drag it to the bottom until
    you see the blue overlay: https://recordit.co/spAQwEbKCk

• @b77 Ok, thanks I got it to dock now, I was not far enough over to the left apparently the first time I tried

• @Boldline @b77

Apologies for the delayed reply.

That works for the PC too - but there is absolutely no cursor indication that anything is happening - it would be nice if some kind of cursor change happened.

BTW, small 13" laptops aren't the best for screen real estate with VS 🙂

Can't imagine how anyone could use this without some kind of secondary screen ☺

Thanks again for that.

Neil

• @Igull You can try (unzipping and) loading this workspace on that 13" PC:

0_1694198553728_Quick Panel Dark UI.zip

It moves all the buttons of the top row of the context panel to a
    separate vertical panel on the right side of the screen.

You can also set the toolbox on two columns (Panels > Toolbox Style >
    Two-Column Toolbox).

• @b77

Thanks for that, I'll give that a try this morning - he only needs a few tools for "simple" drawings, so trying not to overload with everythingthat comes in the trial download ☺ ☺

Neil