Adding actions to the Actions Panel

• I had a few questions about using the Actions Panel that I wanted to learn more about and see if it could be improved.

I was sent an action file to install and was looking for a button on the front of the panel section at the bottom for this task. I didn't see one there but found the option to "open from file" on the panel's secondary menu. Would it make sense to have this available on the front end of the panel?
    When I was reading through the documentation on the action panel, I saw where it described how to create actions, but no mention about adding an existing one. Maybe for the sake of covering all the bases, that should be added?
    Is it possible to add an existing action to the action panel by dragging it on top of the panel itself? I assume the panels being modal are not as easy to worj with like that.

When I added the action, it opened it in a new panel entirely labeled with the name of the action. It wasn't until I closed VS and reopened it did the newly installed action show itself in the official action panel. Is this by design?

• administrators

@Boldline The "Append" command should import actions into the panel, but it only works if there is at least an empty actions folder.
    I will fix this.