Inspired Letter Logo

• Hi,
    I was feeling inspired by the tireless work of @VectorStyler so I thought I would play with a couple of ideas for a VectorStyler letter-based logo.
    I like the VectorStyler splash screen abstract logo, and that it uses many of the powerful features of the app to create it.

In this version I was attempting to incorporate the idea of the "V" being the nib of a pen, or the tip of a brush, and the "S" being a freshly created stroke.
    One version features an "S" that is more letter-like, and the other is more casual, like a pen stroke on a flat surface.

Finally, I tried a color variation, keeping with the orange (love orange!), but also a version with some contrast, giving it a slight yin-yang vibe.
    The various size comparisons show how it would scale down for legibility if it was a taskbar or desktop icon.

I attached the .vstyler file for anyone who is interested in it.

0_1704558553296_VV Logo Inspiration 1.1.jpg

VV Logo Inspiration v1.2.vstyler

• @Victor-Vector

nice work, like the second from
    left to right a most

• Like the idea of the pen, so here also a alternative logo.

0_1704569891798_Logo.jpg

• @Subpath
    Thanks! I like the second column version as well.

• @FastVector
    That is a very pleasing pen shape! Thank you for sharing your inspirations.

• @FastVector

difficult to choose
    like the idea with the double outline
    and the shadow

tend most likely for the first one
    but I'm not so happy with the shape of the pen
    and the pen could also be a little bigger

the last one looks a little empty to me

• Global Moderator

It looks nice (I too favor the second from the left), but consider that a lot of current software is used in different countries with different languages and even different alphabets. A logo based on letters which represent the English name of the software may not translate well.

Just because Adobe is doing it doesn't mean it is a good idea (the fact that they went subscription-only is significant proof of that...)

• @fde101

Can follow your thoughts and also agree with them.

But in my opinion that it does not necessarily depend on the
    translatability of a company name.

Ultimately, a term / word can also be seen simply as a graphic
    and differs in this way.