Creation of tints from swatches, etc.

• I might have missed a way to create easily tinted swatches of existing (primarily CMYK and Spot color) swatches so that the currently applied tint would be saved along with the base color. similarly as e.g. in InDesign and Illustrator:

0_1617189754545_creating a tint.png

So, when you have a tint of a certain swatch value in the currently selected object (as shown above in the slider control at value 53,0%), clicking the "Plus" button in the context toolbar of the Palette control would default creating a tinted swatch of the base color, and show this relation also in the name of the swatch.

In addition, the actual color value would be ideally shown as a tooltip, like here in InDesign:

0_1617190872772_id_tint_01.jpg

...and when editing the base swatch, the derived tints would change accordingly (and ideally also color values in the swatch name), like this:

0_1617190989736_id_tint_02.jpg

An additional wish: I cannot seem to be able to arrange the palette menu effectively e.g. remove empty palette folders. Also: creation of a new swatch from a currently selected object always seems to create a folder -- even when a single color is created -- would it be possible to just add colors in the root (and if there are copies, give the copies some additional value, like " - copy1, copy2, etc.).

• administrators

@Arde For using tinted (but not spot) colors, edit the palette color (double click) and select "Process" in the "Mode" field (right side, second from top in the color view). In this way the palette color will always be added as tinted color, but will not be a spot color.

Maybe automatically adding as tinted could be nice to have (added to the backlog). The tool tip is shown when hovering over the color box in the palette.

I also add to the backlog an option to have new colors added to the main palette (instead of a group).
    But for now, the new color group can be expanded by selecting is header (gray knob) and Expand Color Groups from the panel menu.

• @vectoradmin said in Creation of tints from swatches, etc.:

can be expanded by selecting is header (gray knob) and Expand Color Groups from the panel menu

Ok, fine.

@vectoradmin said in Creation of tints from swatches, etc.:

In this way the palette color will always be added as tinted color, but will not be a spot color.

Sorry, did not get this. In the screenshot in my example above, I have the base swatch C8.4 M0.0 Y78.7 K0.0 at 53.0% tint selected. If I now click the + button of the Palette panel, or choose Create from Selection from the context menu of the Palette panel, I get more or less copy of the base bolor, rather than a 53% tint of it. In some situation (cannot remember now how), I have managed to get a new base swatch calculated usiing the tint value of the base color, but without dependency on the parenting swatch.

I want to be able to create global CMYK swatches (triangle at lower right corner) and then create multiple tints of if (e.g. 90%, 80%, 70%, etc.) that are children of the parent swatch, but also separate (but not independent) swatches. Now if I choose to change the parent swatch color values, the children will change accordingly.

There appears to be many palette operations in the menus and as I have not had time yet to go through all features of the app, it is possible that you have this kind of feature already implemented as an automatical creation of a tint series e.g. at specified increments from a given start color; that would be quite useful, similarly as creating similarly darker versions (adding gray/black), or noise. But it would also be nice to have the described functionality for creation of single swatches with a relationship to a parent color..

• administrators

@Arde Tinted colors can be added to the main palette in build 1.0.025

• @vectoradmin said in Creation of tints from swatches, etc.:

@Arde Tinted colors can be added to the main palette in build 1.0.025

Thanks! I seem to be able to use them to assign a color but the assignment is not currently saved with the object as it still keeps the highlight of the parenting swatch.

That means that editing the tint swatch would not be reflected in objects that got their color based on that swatch, and also that the tint value itself cannot be edited. E.g., if it is based on a PMS definition, the base color value is shown in Lab color mode and the tint as its decimal percentage, but there does not seem to be a way to adjust the percentage nor a way to keep the tint in parenthood relation to the PMS base color.

The ideal operation of this feature would be similar as in Illustrator or InDesign: a tint created based on e.g. PMS color value would be internally locked to the parenting color so that change of tint percentage of the swatch would immediately be reflected in objects having that tint assignment, and change of base PMS color would have effect in all child tint swatches based on that color and objects having tint assignment in one go so that the tint percentages are retained. You also could not change the base color of a child swatch without affecting all other swatches that are based on the same color so all tints based on the same color are part of the same family and interlocked.

• administrators

@Arde I will keep this issue open.