Improved pair kerning

• Pair kerning (spacing between any specific two characters) must currently be adjusted in VS by highlighting the affected characters and then entering the kerning value in the Character panel, which is a very cumbersome (and IMO wrong) way to do it. It should be possible to adjust the kerning by having the insertion point between the two characters without highlighting and then use a shortcut key (like Alt + left/right arrow key in InDesign or Illustrator). If characters (two or more) are highlighted, that adjusts tracking -- not kerning.

This is an important feature, especially when having type on path, to get easily and effectively characters properly spaced.. But it is also important in regular kerning e.g. when fine tuning character spacing in headings, etc. I would sacrifice one of the cursor movement modifiers for getting intuitive kerning pair adjustment -- and it really could be Alt (Opt) + left/right arrow to be consistent with the expected behavior (but could then be customized by the user -- I think this is currently not even listed amongst shortcut options).

• administrators

@Arde I added this to the backlog.

• administrators

@vectoradmin Adjusting tracking at the cursor position should work in the new build (1.0.022). Use keys Control+Option+Comma to decrease and Control+Option+Period to increase tracking.