Cannot select shape in isolation mode

• While in isolation mode the shape is un-selectable using the shape or point select tools, it can only be edited if you first select it from the layers panel but it will then 'lock' itself once again after you deselect it.

• administrators

@Kyriakos I tried to replicate this, but probably not in the right way. Did you use the pointer tool (first in the toolbox) or the node tool (second) to select in isolation mode?

• @vectoradmin I tried both, neither is working for me. Basically just double click on a shape to enter isolation mode and the shape will be selectable only after clicking on it in the layers panel.

alt text

• administrators

@Kyriakos I think some clarification is needed, as VS is a bit different in this case. When isolating an object (with or without a shape), you start editing the content of that object. Regular objects with a shape have no content initially (the fill is a style, not a content), and new content can be drawn while in isolation mode using the drawing tools.

In VS terminology: an object may or may not have a shape (groups have no shape my default). When a shape is drawn, a new object is created with that shape. Groups can be assigned shapes that will behave like regular shapes of an object (and will clip the content). Shapes can be removed from an object (if it is a group). Shapes of objects can also be changed, not just with the node tool, but copy pasting from other shapes, or using shape presets or styles. (think of the shape as an attribute of the object).

• @vectoradmin That's clear enough but that's not what i am getting every time, If i make an oval, convert it to curves and enter isolation mode it cannot be selected, but if i make some text, convert it to curves and enter isolation mode then it can be selected, what's the distinction in this instance?

• Oh i figured it out, it needs to be in a group and text is placed automatically in one when converted to curves while singular primitives are not.

• administrators

@Kyriakos Converting text to curves results in a group (due to possible local styling).

• @vectoradmin This is what got me i think...

0_1617366206744_Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 3.23.06 PM.png

This leads to me to think that i am on that path's layer instead of its children/contents layer, perhaps another {Contents} icon next to {Path} could make things more clear for those conditioned by Illustrator.

• administrators

@Kyriakos Added an extra label to indicate that it is isolated in the content of the object, in the new build (1.0.022)