Object selection problems

• When this bug happens:

1. you cannot drag-select objects using the Transform Tool
    2. cannot select multiple objects using the shift key
    3. clicking on an object causes another one of the same fill to be selected as well
    4. Undoing colour fill changes on these wrongly-grouped objects doesn’t work
    5. if you want to move an object you need to click to select it and re-click to move

I haven’t been able to figure out what triggers it but i could send you the file if it helps.

alt text

• administrators

@Kyriakos A sample file would help. If this occurs, try a Command+R (reset document) if it helps?

• @vectoradmin Resetting isn't having an effect on either of those issues.

Sending you the file now.

• administrators

@Kyriakos When using the transform tool for selection, which one of these modes is active in the context panel?

0_1621343772796_transform.png

Got the file, but so far everyting alright.

• @vectoradmin The first one.

I just updated to the latest release and it got even weirder, the text seems to behave as both text and paths. 🤔

alt text

• I accidentally deleted the previous recordings, here's another one exhibiting yet another problem, if i use the colour picker to sample from the text the entire shape gets filled, punched-out area included. Also as you can see the text is behaving as both text and paths.

alt text

• administrators

@Kyriakos The ~/Library/Application Support/NumericPath/VectorStyler1.0/vector/data/resource/ folder contains the settings.xml (contains the preferences) and workspace.xml (contains the panels, shortcuts, and other workspace defaults) files, these define the whole VS environment.
    Please send me these files so I can replicate the environment, it could be that it is an environment issue.

Other things to try: disable the corner editor for the transform tool (in Preferences). And if this not working, then reset the app by starting it while holding Shift+Option+Command.

I tried on Mac M1, using the Light theme with the emailed file, but still could not replicate this one.

• @vectoradmin said in Object selection problems:

Other things to try: disable the corner editor for the transform tool (in Preferences).

Nice, this seems to fix the text issue. I take it this isn't the expected behaviour? It's not giving me the nodes in new documents irregardless of the setting.

As for the rest of the issues, #1, 2, 3 and 5 are no longer triggering, restarting the app seems to stabilise things, let's see if it holds.

However undoing a colour fill on the text is still not working, and colour-picking from the text is still behaving as seen in the recording.

• administrators

@Kyriakos said in Object selection problems:

Nice, this seems to fix the text issue. I take it this isn't the expected behaviour? It's not giving me the nodes in new documents irregardless of the setting.

It looks like a bug. The corner handles should not be visible for the text. But I could not replicate here, even with the settings/workspace files.

I keep this as an open issue in the backlog.