Using the Objects Menu, HIDDEN- Leaves Object Outline

• Bug when using the Objects Menu, HIDDEN- Leaves Object Outline

When Hiding an Object using the Menu dropdown (Object>Hidden), the selected object is not totally hidden as it leaves behind the Objects OUTLINE, until another tool is selected or you click somewhere on the artboard. (I’ve also had it happen where the left behind Outline is also Scaled Larger than the original object)

Also, if you have Hidden an object from the Object Menu, then Undo>Undo Hidden, the object does not become visible on the Artboard (although the Eyeball Icon toggle in the Layers Panel correctly takes away the “slash” to indicate viewable).

*Note: The Visibility Eyeball Icon toggle in the Layers Panel works correctly and as expected to Hide and Unhide when used exclusively for that purpose.

Also, I don’t really understand the VectorStyler menu setup for Hidden.

For example, In Adobe Illustrator, in the Object Menu dropdown you have choices for Hide (Selection, All Artwork Above, Other Layers), and once an object is hidden, Show All is undimmed and available from the Object Menu to bring back visibility.

In VectorStyler you can go to the Select Menu and Select>Select All Hidden. When I make that command with Objects Hidden on the artboard, I get the Popup Error Message”

“There are no objects with that criteria.
    The current canvas does not contain objects with the required criteria”

This must be a bug as well???

• administrators

@Vector-Rock Yes, looks like two bugs. Will be fixed in the next build.

• @vectoradmin said in Using the Objects Menu, HIDDEN- Leaves Object Outline:

@Vector-Rock Yes, looks like two bugs. Will be fixed in the next build.

Ok. Good to know.

So once working correctly (after the bug fix), how do you Unhide an object (or multiple objects), given that there is not a "Show All" (or similar) command in the VectorStyler Object Menu like is found in Adobe Illustrators Object menu?

• administrators

@Vector-Rock The original idea (before some regression) was that the select all hidden command selects these and then unchecking the Hidden command. But it makes more sense to have a Show All command. Of course visibility can always be set in the Layers panel.

• @vectoradmin said in Using the Objects Menu, HIDDEN- Leaves Object Outline:

@Vector-Rock The original idea (before some regression) was that the select all hidden command selects these and then unchecking the Hidden command. But it makes more sense to have a Show All command. Of course visibility can always be set in the Layers panel.

@vectoradmin

That make so much more sense.

Illustrator users would be totally confused. Besides, how could you toggle on "Hidden" from the Object menu given that the object is hidden and you can't select it (except through the layers panel; which of course, if you needed to do that, you might as well Hide and Unhide from there):ha, ha, 😉

It seemed so obvious to me, I was afraid to post and ask, thinking I was missing something really, really simple, and I'd totally embarrass myself by asking😊 . I feel better now.