Use the word Hairline rather than 0.0 pt in Stroke display field

• It’s a minor thing, but any chance VectorStyler could display the word Hairline, spelled out, in Stroke Panel Entry Field instead of 0.0 pt when a Hairline value is set?

I personally prefer that, plus it would make it consistent with how VectorStyler already shows it in the Stroke drop-down menu.

CorelDRAW does it that way and looks like this:
    0_1622114140916_CorelDRAW_Property-Bar_Hairline-Stroke-Setting_Close-up_5_Resized-11.png

• @Vector-Rock The 'hairline' width in CDR is an actual 0.176 PostScript points width, if I'm not mistaken (you can export the document as PDF and open it in VS to find out exactly).

The one in VS is more like a screen-based width β€” always at 1 pixel width, no matter the zoom level or export resolution.

But I agree, coming from Corel its name is confusing. I guess it needs a different name?

• Global Moderator

In the digital world, a "true" hairline is defined as the smallest width line capable of being produced on a given output device, this being exactly 1 pixel wide for the most part.

It is not a fixed literal width but rather something that changes depending on what the image is being displayed or printed on, thus why various applications display it as "Hairline" - there is not an actual width to be displayed numerically.

• @fde101 said in Use the word Hairline rather than 0.0 pt in Stroke display field:

In the digital world, a "true" hairline is defined as the smallest width line capable of being produced on a given output device, this being exactly 1 pixel wide for the most part.

It is not a fixed literal width but rather something that changes depending on what the image is being displayed or printed on, thus why various applications display it as "Hairline" - there is not an actual width to be displayed numerically.

@fde101
    Yep, you nailed it. πŸ‘

It's the industry standard nomenclature, that's why I prefer/suggest it be used in VectorStyler.