Click and Drag Out from Rulers to bring out Guidelines not working

• I cannot "create" Guidelines by Clicking and Dragging Out from the Rulers.

I can however, create guides if I have opened up the Guideline Panel (Panels->Editing->) and click on the Create a New Guideline Icon (Circle with the + inside it). It also works if I use the Fly-out menu and choose Create on Object Boundary. From the Panel, Guidelines can be moved, rotated, deleted, etc.

After creating Guidelines from the Panel, from the Artboard, using a Cursor, I cannot Select, Move or Delete them.

It did work very briefly, but for reasons unknown, stopped again. I’ve had this same problem prior to version Build 1.0.033 RC3 (correction) as well.

Footnote 1:
    From the Menu, Panels->Edit->, Guidelines has a Check Mark next to it. The Guideline Panel is Open. The Eyeball Icon is in the “show” mode (No “slash” through it). In the Guidelines Fly-out menu, Hide Guidelines does not have a Check Mark. “Visible” has a Check Mark next to it.

Footnote 2:
    I don’t think you have provided a VectorStyler Uninstaller yet on the website, but I did try to completely Uninstall, with right click and send to Trash in three spots: Applications->, also, Go->Library->Application Support, and lastly, Go->Library->Preferences. I then deleted the Trash Can. I thought maybe that would clear the problem up, but it didn't.

There's got to be some gremlins hiding in the code somewhere, or I'm missing something obvious.😕

Also,
    Right click on Ruler to Change Units sometimes takes two consecutive attempts to work. Most of the time it works as expected.

• administrators

@Vector-Rock Are the guidelines locked by some chance? (View -> Guides -> Lock Guidelines)

• @vectoradmin

Yes, the Guides were locked in View -> Guides -> Lock Guidelines.

My mistake. I thought if the Show/Hide Guides Eyeball in the Gudelines Panel was showing no slash through it, Guides were not locked.

How do I lock just an individual (or a few) guideline(s), but leave other ones Unlocked?

• administrators

@Vector-Rock It is not possible to lock single guidelines. But it is possible to create new guideline groups and lock, show/hide or assign different color to these groups.
    This can be done from the Guidelines panel menu:

• Create on Canvas creates a new empty guideline group that is global to the current canvas.
    • Create on Artboard creates a group on the current artboard.
    • The group is assigned a default name, but it can be edited in the field at the top of the panel.
    • Guidelines assigned to an artboard are clipped to the arboard.
    • The Guidelines panel will list the guidelines from the current group only.
    • The current group can be selected from the drop down at the top of the panel.
    • New guidelines dragged form the ruler are added to the current guideline group.
    • The Visible, Locked and Active items from the panel menu can be used to show/hide, lock or activate/deactivate (disable snapping to) the current guideline group.