Astute Graphics

• hi. Loving your product. I am a converted AIer. My question is can I use Astute Graphics with your product. Thanks!

• administrators

@designlove Thanks for using VectorStyler. No, there is no AI plugin support. Astute works as a plugin and only for AI.
    Which features of Astute are you most interested in?

• @designlove I think one of the great things with VS and what @vectoradmin has been able to build is a powerful vector app that either already has the features astute graphics offers, or can be added. I'd much prefer this to paying a subscription to Astute Graphics for features Adobe should have already created and built in to their application.
    Your question is a great one as I bought many of the plugins years back before they went to subscription. I'll go through their offerings when I can and see if I see things they offer that VS does not already have

• @Boldline first of all thanks for your response this is really great to see such a great interaction. to be honest the reason I found you guys was because I’m I finally about 8 months ago got off of Adobe finally I had them for about 20 years. I own a small design shop we do branding graphic design web design brand identity and we went with the affinity suite which I love. I mean it’s amazing and was really excited the only thing I really was missing in affinity Designer was the shape builder and you guys have that which is awesome and I also like that you’re not a subscription but you know just from interacting with you guys I’m so excited for having such a great back-and-forth. so really looking forward to this product because basically I want to your Product to design logos. I mean probably some other things too but that’s the main objective and I just wanted to thank you because I’m really excited. I’m actually going to buy a download of the trial but I’m gonna buy it I think it’s more than worth it because between using affinity publisher not really much of a photo person I do commercial photography for clients but really I use publisher and designer and adding your piece is just I’m really excited so thank you. Also in purchasing m1 mba and imac for office all this m1 software runs like butter. its really amazing.

• @designlove Welcome to the group! I've been a long term Adobe user as well. I'm still hanging on to my CS6 copy and running an ancient OS just to keep it alive lol. I design t-shirts, logos and mascots and I rely on my Adobe muscle memory and the fact that it does most of the things I need - I like affinity but it's still lacking some crucial pieces. VS offers many of those and is improving all the time and is becoming more and more my go-to.
    Contribute as many ideas and raise as many questions as you can about VS - the more we all do that, the better it gets for us all

• administrators

@designlove A quick mapping of some Astute features (please consider that these are not exactly the same):

• Collider (Astute) -> Collision Snapping (VectorStyler) : the collision snapping works my colliding any two shapes, and fixing if two locations are collided. It also works in combination with other snapping methods (like guidelines). There is also a collider tool, but for now it requires that the Snap to Shape is enabled.
    • DynamicSketch (Astute) -> Pen tool (VectorStyler) with the Eraser option enabled, plus it has the Merging option for merging at intersection points. But a more powerful tool for this is the Path Sketch tool (just next to the Pen tool).
    • FindReplace (Astute) -> Edit -> Find / Replace (VectorStyler)
    • WidthScribe (Astute) -> the various stroke width tools and the Stroke Width panel (VectorStyler)
    • VectorScribe (Astute) -> some (not all) available in VectorStyler as various tools.
    • MirrorMe (Astute) -> this can be worked around in VS using references to a group.
    • Offset Path (Astute) -> both destructive and non-destructive Offset Path in VectorStyler. The Offset Path shape effect can be edited interactively and distances adjusted locally.

If there are some specific feature that you use, please let me know, maybe there is a way to do it in VS.