Auto-return to last used tool after rotation

• Would it make sense to have VS automatically return the the last tool used after using the R key to rotate the canvas? As i rotate around the image, inking it for example, I want to keep rotating, stop, ink, rotate more, etc

• @Boldline and @vectoradmin

I for one never use the H shortcut to activate Pan View — it's holding the Spacebar and panning with one finger that is most convenient.

Could combining the 'Rotate View' tool functionality with the 'Pan View' tool when holding down the Spacebar be a good solution? When you click-and-drag it would pan (as it already does) and when you use two fingers it would rotate the view with the trackpad.

This would mean the 'Rotate View with Trackpad' option in Prefs > Document Editor can be disabled by default (I disable it anyway), and it would simply rotate the view when you hold the Spacebar and rotate with two fingers.

To recap:

• Spacebar + click and-drag pans the view;
    • Spacebar + rotate with two fingers on the trackpad rotates the view.

And when you release the spacebar, you're back to the previous tool, obviously.

Does that make sense?

• administrators

@b77 and @b77 This can be done, but it still needs a trackpad.
    For those who have a touch tablet, the rotate view works with the two finger rotating gesture.

There is a Spacebar+Shift (pressed in this order) and the click and drag to rotate the view.
    And Spacebar+Command click and drag to zoom.