Add “Unlock All” Objects Command in the Object Menu dropdown list

• @vectoradmin,

User interface Improvement:

I’d like to see VectorStyler add an Unlock All Objects command in the Object Menu list as is available in Adobe Illustrator.

If I understand it correctly, in VectorStyler it is a two-step process, first having to go to the Select Menu-> Select All Locked, then secondly, switch to the Object Menu-> Uncheck Locked.

This method of having to go to two different menus is cumbersome and could be much simpler and more efficient.

• @Vector-Rock one thing I dislike about illustrator's unlock all, is that it does not allow you to keep some things locked when you at times only want the last thing or last few things unlocked. I'm not sure the best solution, but maybe an unlock last selection? I'd love to see more control of what gets unlocked, as well as what you suggested

• @Boldline Assuming the user organizes the objects on layers, maybe 'Unlock All on Current Layer' would work best?

Speaking of locking and separate layers:

A different approach that would avoid the constant need to lock and unlock objects and/or layers would be for the app to restrict the normal click-to-select to the objects on the current layer.

To me this makes the most sense — basically all the other layers (and their objects) are "locked" for any interaction with them until you switch to one of them, which can be done with a simple Cmd-click on any object on any other layer (it would select it and switch to that layer).

I get it that this might be unusual for most people used to AI and CDR, so I don't suggest this to be the default, but it would be nice to have it as something that I consider a more natural option.

• @b77 I like the idea of unlocking all on that layer. Illustrator is like that - if a layer itself is locked in the layers panel, if you unlock all while on another layer, nothing gets unlocked on the layer locked by way of the layer panel lock symbol. I like the idea of an unlock last selection. I understand your idea of the unlock all layer, but that's already achieved on the layer panel with a click of the lock icon.

• @Boldline said in Add “Unlock All” Objects Command in the Object Menu dropdown list:

I understand your idea of the unlock all layer, but that's already achieved on the layer panel with a click of the lock icon.

Sure, but with the option I suggest locking and unlocking becomes one less thing to worry about (for the most part, as I don't mean objects you actually lock become unlocked), and fewer clicks mean a faster workflow. 🙂

• @vectoradmin,

Thank you for implementing this!☺

Put another check mark in the "UI Improvement" column!

• administrators

@Vector-Rock BTW: for selective unlocking, it is possible to enable Select -> Options -> Allow Locked Objects and then select (but not change) locked objects.