snap handles into nodes status

• I was just checking in on if we could still have the ability to pull a node handle into the center of the node to have it snap there and create a partial cusp point? I understand there are the different types of nodes - cusp , symmetric and smooth.
    I love that I can swap between those node types, and also hold down the option/alt key on mac and I can control only that specific handle. I also appreciate the shift-c option you added to create an immediate cusp and alternatively to pull out the handles from a cusp node. All great tools. Is there anything I'm missing that would not allow a handle being pulled into the node itself completely to create a half cusp there?

• @Boldline No need to pull the handle over its node — just select it and hit Backspace to delete it.

• @b77 thanks... that's really interesting. I just tried it. I think I will like it! Might have to overcome what I am used to - I think this might be better so that's cool

• @Boldline Forgot to say that if you want to select any Bézier handle directly (without first selecting its node), set the Tangent Mode to "All" in Preferences > Editing Options.

• @b77 yeah I like that - it would be nice if we could drag a selection over the handle to select it instead of clicking on it directly - what's your thought? i keep wanting to do that

• @Boldline Yes, it would be useful when you need to nudge two handles the same distance.

• administrators

@Boldline You mean using the box selection mode to select multiple handles? If so, I add this to the backlog.

• @vectoradmin yes thank you

• @vectoradmin and @Boldline As I said, I would like box selection to work also for multiple handles, but it would be a problem if 'Select Nodes from All Objects' is not disabled in Prefs > Editing Options.

What would be an elegant solution?

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

EDIT: What if the app would restrict the nodes and handles that can be selected to the selected object(s) by default, and only if nothing is selected allow the selection of nodes & handles from all objects?

This as the default selection rule when in node editing mode would make more sense to me at least, solve the problem above and generally simplify things (probably make the 'Select Nodes from All Objects' prefs setting redundant).