Additional Boundary Command Option, Settings Panel and Tool Tip Improvements

• @vectoradmin,

I’d like to see VectorStyler add Three (3) Improvements to the Boundary Command:

1. Add a fourth (4th) Boundary Command Option: “Creates No Fill Boundary*”.

2. Allow access to a Boundary Options Panel using a Modifier Key (Enter/Return Key) in conjunction with the Boundary Icon.

Simply hold down the Enter/Return Key, then Left Click the Boundary Icon in the Main Toolbar at the top of the Workspace to bring up the four (4) settings Options for Boundary:

• Creates Separate Boundary
    • Creates No Fill Boundary
    • Creates Filled Boundary
    • Boundary Below Objects

The four Options would appear in the Context Panel after the above Modifier key (Enter/Return Key) Command is executed.

If you prefer, as an alternative to the Context Menu, you could have the Boundary Options appear in a Pop-up Panel instead.

You could continue to keep the Boundary Options available in the Path Panel Fly-out menu as well.

*You may want to consider adding a Boundary Panel in the Application Menu (Panels->Boundary)

1. Improved Boundary Icon Command "Tool Tip":
    • Current Tool Tip: “Boundary - Create a boundary of the selected objects”

• Suggested New Improved/Updated Tool Tip:
      “Boundary - Left click to create an Outline trace of the perimeter of the selected objects with final appearance based on Option settings. Hold Down Enter/Return Key, then left click to view/set Boundary Options in Context Panel”.
      (Or substitute Context Panel with Pop-up Panel if done that way)

• administrators

@Vector-Rock Would it be a problem if the Boundary Options (2) are accessed from the Path panel menu, as checkable menu items.

• @vectoradmin said in Additional Boundary Command Option, Settings Panel and Tool Tip Improvements:

@Vector-Rock Would it be a problem if the Boundary Options (2) are accessed from the Path panel menu, as checkable menu items.

Leaving the Options in the Path Panel, as they currently are, is not a problem. You can simply add the new fourth Option "Delete Original Reference Objects" there.

Just to clarify, I was not suggesting that you "remove" the Boundary options from the Path Panel; rather, offer a supplemental access point utilizing a Pop-up Panel or the Context Panel. I just thought it might offer easier and quicker access to these somewhat hidden options. It's not critical. It was just a suggested enhancement.

• @vectoradmin said in Additional Boundary Command Option, Settings Panel and Tool Tip Improvements:

@vectoradmin,

I forgot to ask.

So is your thinking to keep the Boundary Option settings "access" exclusively to the Path panel, or are you considering offering the supplemental ways (Pop-up or Context Panel) to access the Options, as long as the Options also remain in the Path Panel?

• administrators

@Vector-Rock I will try to add a Modifier+ click on the Boundary command icon in the context panel for options. If there is no conflict with other operations.

also: the options will be available as checkable menu items in the Path panel.

• administrators

@Vector-Rock There are two options that seem to be related:
    Creates Separate Boundary
    Delete Original Reference Objects

Are these really independent (as checkable options)?
    If Creates Separate Boundary is off, then the original objects are removed. If it is on, they are kept.

• @vectoradmin
    Yes, I was asking for a separate fourth option, but I just did an incredibly poor job of describing it😞 . (That’s what happens when you are sleep deprived and also are trying to do multiple things at once).ha, ha:)☺ . I have edited my original post to correct that.

What I really meant to say was to add a fourth option that "Creates No Fill Boundary”.

Four (4) Boundary Options:

1. Creates Separate Boundary
    2. Creates No Fill Boundary
    3. Creates Filled Boundary
    4. Boundary Below Objects

The ideal solution, and even more flexibility (not just for Boundary), will happen when VectorStyler adds the Option to have Document Default Properties for all of the Fill and Stroke “attributes” persist for all newly drawn objects in the Current Document (or be set in Preferences to persist “permanently” for Newly Created Documents). CorelDRAW works this way.

FYI, with CorelDRAW, the created Boundary object takes on the Document Default Fill and Outline (Stroke) properties of the current document (which are shown in the Status Bar).

@Vector-Rock I will try to add a Modifier+ click on the Boundary command icon in the context panel for options. If there is no conflict with other operations.

also: the options will be available as checkable menu items in the Path panel.

@vectoradmin
    Below are "Revised" suggested Boundary Tool Tips, one version assuming the Modifier key (Ctrl) with Context Panel works out, the other with just the Path Panel:

1. Context Panel version:
      Hover over Boundary Icon in Main Toolbar:
      Boundary - Left click to create an Outline Trace of the Perimeter of the selected objects with final appearance based on Option settings. Hold Down Ctrl key, then left click to view/set Boundary Options in Context Panel, or alternatively, set in the Path Panel (Panels->Path”)”

2. Path Panel only version:
      “Boundary - Left click to create an Outline Trace of the Perimeter of the selected objects with final appearance based on Option settings in the Path Panel (Panels->Path”)

• @Vector-Rock said in Additional Boundary Command Option, Settings Panel and Tool Tip Improvements:

*Modifier Key in example is Enter/Return Key

Is Enter/Return considered a Modifier key?

I thought Shift, Option, Control and Command are, and I expect one of them (with Option or Shift as first candidates) will be used.

• @b77

Actually, I don't think so (but yes if in conjunction with those modifier keys). I must of had a brain freeze. Edited to correct.