When Using Text Tool, Cannot Switch to Pan View Tool by Pressing Spacebar

• I think there are two bugs related to Text Tool (the one with T hotkey):

1. If I use Text Tool, I cannot use Pan View Tool temporarily by pressing Spacebar key

2. If I select a word or a letter, I cannot deselect the text object by holding Ctrl key and clicking an empty area. I can only deselect the text object by using Deselect command (the one with Ctrl + Shift + A hotkey)

• administrators

@gotanidea

Added this to the backlog, but there are some limitations on what can be done:

1. If I use Text Tool, I cannot use Pan View Tool temporarily by pressing Spacebar key

This could only work if no text is selected, or before creating a new text.

1. If I select a word or a letter, I cannot deselect the text object by holding Ctrl key and clicking an empty area. I can only deselect the text object by using Deselect command (the one with Ctrl + Shift + A hotkey)

Ctrl+clicking will open a popup menu. And will do so even if not clicked on a selection, there was some issue related to this some time ago and it is better to not lose/change selection before opening the popup menu.

The only thing that might work here is that when a text is highlighted the first click deselects, and the second click creates another text.

To escape from the text editing (but stay with the tool), use the Esc key.

This could only work if no text is selected, or before creating a new text.

Yes. I mean when Text Tool button is down or clicked, we cannot use Pan View Tool temporarily by pressing Spacebar key

1. If I select a word or a letter, I cannot deselect the text object by holding Ctrl key and clicking an empty area. I can only deselect the text object by using Deselect command (the one with Ctrl + Shift + A hotkey)

Ctrl+clicking will open a popup menu. And will do so even if not clicked on a selection, there was some issue related to this some time ago and it is better to not lose/change selection before opening the popup menu.

The only thing that might work here is that when a text is highlighted the first click deselects, and the second click creates another text.

To escape from the text editing (but stay with the tool), use the Esc key.

I just thought Ctrl + clicking on an empty area should've made us escaped from the text editing, as in Adobe Illustrator. But pressing the Esc key is a good method too

• @gotanidea @VectorStyler Would the ability to hit the escape button a second time to go back to the last tool used be a useful solution? So if you are in text tool and wrote out text, you could press "escape" to get out of that specific live text use and still have the text tool active. If you then clicked the escape key one more time, it took you back to the prior tool entirely, or to the transform tool as default? That would make it easy to add text click "escape" twice and then be able to hit the spacebar to pan easily and move around as needed

• @Boldline I'd prefer to use Adobe Illustrator's method, because I think it's simple and intuitive

• @gotanidea I've only got CS6 (never used CC). Pressing escape while using the text tool takes you out of the text tool entirely. (let me know if that's the case in CC and if that was what you meant)

• @Boldline It's the same in CC

• administrators

@gotanidea This issue should be fixed in build 1.1.072

• @VectorStyler Thank you