Making a symbol, unexpected results

• I did group the part of the object & I wanted to define it as a symbol (Object-> Object role). I've got different objects in the symbol panel:

0_1677786361659_Capture.JPG

• @VectorStyler Another bug ? I wanted to change the overall shape through the Shape editor and I got this:

0_1677786898771_Capture.JPG

• & when I want to apply Transform:

0_1677787095199_1627d1d6-5adc-46a1-8726-8f531be19a5d-image.png

• @Pat Regarding the first issue:

Did you drag-to-select over all three objects and their interpolated parts, to make sure all are selected before grouping?

If I do that, here it works: https://recordit.co/3k4RoPy3bZ

• administrators

@Pat Tried all these with the test file I have and cannot replicate here.

Getting the 5 objects does look like the role was applied separately to those 5 objects, maybe there was some problem with the grouping?

• @b77 @VectorStyler Thanks.
    I've always selected the whole object with the select&move tool and it worked so far.

I tried to reproduce this problem. I selected and grouped and made sure everything was grouped. With the move tool, I can then duplicate it (Alt-drag) and move it.
    I activated 'Transform stroke' in the 'Object option' sub-menu, resize the whole object and made it a symbol (Object Role). It appears well in the symbol panel. I use it with the repeater function and the object ends up disappearing from the Symbol panel and from the large object I used to repeat it (Ctrl-R doesn't help).
    I will continue to test all these steps with a new file from the beginning.