Node handles moves node bug (beta 1.1)

• @vectoradmin @Ingolf I have run into this issue a few times but had not narrowed down what the cause was. Glad it was figured out! I think it's an awesome feature but I question adding anything to the space bar aside from panning. It's always a bonus when you can find multiple uses for a key command and maybe with the space bar you can find a good way to make it work. To me, panning is done at any and all times, hundreds of times per session, with all kinds of selections being made at the time of panning.
    What about adding a modifier key to the space bar for this function? Again, I don't know if that would work best even... I'm open to ideas as well

• Assuming this is related to the issue @Ingolf brought up in this thread with the "Pressing space while holding and dragging a tangent control node will move the node also", I don't know how to stop it from being in that mode - somehow it occurred (I realize this is getting fixed already), but I can't find a way to change the mode back to normal. Pressing space bar again does not solve it.

Here is a video of what I am talking about - the main node is at the top of the shape I am moving with long handles

• administrators

@Boldline said in Node handles moves node bug (beta 1.1):

I don't know how to stop it from being in that mode. Pressing space bar again does not solve it.

Press (then release) the spacebar, after the mouse is pressed.

• @Boldline said in Node handles moves node bug (beta 1.1):
    I think it's an awesome feature but I question adding anything to the space bar aside from panning. It's always a bonus when you can find multiple uses for a key command and maybe with the space bar you can find a good way to make it work. To me, panning is done at any and all times, hundreds of times per session, with all kinds of selections being made at the time of panning.

After giving it some thought I have to agree with @Boldline about this. I am also not sure that moving the node this way has any significant value after trying it a bit but thats just my opinion.

• @Ingolf - @vectoradmin has mentioned the new features being added to the spacebar will require clicking and holding with the mouse/stylus prior and then a tap instead of a hold down on space bar like for panning. As I mentioned and you quoted, my natural inclination is that the space bar should not have any other features tied to it aside from panning, but I'm willing to give it a shot and see if it can be a smooth workflow addition when @vectoradmin releases the next build for the 1.1 Beta. (hopefully soon! 🙂 )

• administrators

@Ingolf Will have this fixed in the next build (ASAP).

• @vectoradmin said in Node handles moves node bug (beta 1.1):

@Ingolf Will have this fixed in the next build (ASAP).

Yes, great thanks, the workaround works ok for now.

What I was referring to is that the 'press space bar to move node when pulling handle' isn't nescessary - based on what I know. And that I agree with @Boldline that the SPACE key is 'sacred'. That being said I never pulled a node by accident with space pressed so all this is just opinions.

Looking forward to the next build - happy coding. 🎅

• @Ingolf said in Node handles moves node bug (beta 1.1):

What I was referring to is that the 'press space bar to move node when pulling handle' isn't necessary - based on what I know.

Assuming I understand everything in the thread correctly, the imperfectly worked out function that you and I ran into moves selected nodes and handles of nodes together in unison maintaining the node distance and handle pull distance as the selection is moved. This is not in replacement of standard mode and handle edits with just a standard selection and movement of the cursor.

• administrators

@vectoradmin This issue should be fixed in the new build 1.1.002 (beta)

• Verified fixed!