Magic Wand/ Box Selection/Lasso/Polygonal toolbox stays dark and interferes with other tools

• After clicking on the Magic Wand tool in the vertical toolbox, it remains dark even as other tools are selected. It seems to interfere with the other tool chosen
    0_1642636427017_87dddfb4-5825-4217-bf95-3e2e85758d9d-BLD 2022-01-19 at 18.49.34.png

• @Boldline It’s not an actual tool — it’s the marquee/selection mode of the Select tool (shortcut: V) and of any other tool that requires to select something first. It always stays highlighted in darker grey because of that.

In what unexpected way is the Magic Wand mode interfering with the other tools? I’m not saying there can’t be some glitch somewhere. 🙂

• @b77 ok I guess I had not given it that level of thought or maybe I was thrown off because I was trying to switch from the brush tool to the magic wand and it was continuing to make the brush strokes when I thought it would become a magic wand. I did not put two and two together that I needed to use it as an extension of the transform tool. thanks for helping me think that through